Who wouldn’t love to have a perfect smile? Perfectly straight teeth that are bright and white would look great on anyone—male or female, younger or older. Since few people are fortunate enough to be born with flawless smiles, dentists in Smithfield and other towns across the country are using dental veneers and crowns to create amazing smiles. Unfortunately, when dental patients start to investigate the option of dental veneers, they often face the dilemma of deciding whether the procedure qualifies as a NEED or a WANT.
As a cosmetic dental option, the dental veneer is typically considered to be something that you may want, even though it is not necessarily needed. In other words, dental veneers are not used to prevent or treat dental diseases. However, if you are unsatisfied with the current look or feel of your smile, then you could have a very strong argument for choosing this common cosmetic service. If you can answer ‘yes’ to one or more of the following questions, then it might be time to seriously consider enhancing your smile with dental veneers:
- Are the edges of your front teeth severely worn down, chipped, or uneven?
- Do you have staining or discoloration in the front teeth that cannot be resolved with tooth whitening?
- Do you have spaces or gaps between the front teeth?
- Are you unhappy with the size or shape of your front teeth?
- Are your front teeth slightly crowded or overlapped?
- Have your front teeth been ‘patched’ with old bonding or composite filling materials over the years?
- Are you insecure or uncomfortable about smiling openly in public?
Although veneers are not used to treat or prevent dental diseases, they can provide a tremendous benefit in terms of improving the way that you feel about your teeth, the way that you interact with others, and the way that you view yourself. If you answered ‘yes’ to one or more of the previous questions, contact a dentist in Smithfield to discuss dental veneers today.